Tuesday, August 10, 2010

what a world we live in

This is the last book I read, just recently (it's mostly a rough draft). The real title is How Can You Possibly Be a Mormon and a Democrat?
- I hope I have permission from the author to post this -

Anyways, he wrote about being a Latter-Day Saint and how that figures in to politics and government. It comes at you from multiple viewpoints (right, left, middle, etc.) Several major topics are debated, with a plethora of scriptures, quotes, statistics, and the like.

Overall, I thought it was a good way to present some of the perspectives on controversial subjects. I guess the bottom line is we just need to learn to be more civil with our fellow man, regardless of our opinions.

Or, 'What would Jesus do?'...

I think he would turn over a few tables in Congress (jk) (kinda)

[P.S. This is the copy the author gave to me. It is not yet on the market. The hope is that it will be the first in a series though. If you would like a better review/preview, I'm sure that can be arranged.]

2 comments:

Jenna Kae said...

i would like a better review/preview!

my name is john said...

i can maybe let you borrow it for a while ?