Tuesday, April 19, 2011

mile-ology AND false alarms

So last week I 'roadied' from the valley of the sun to the east coast metropolis of Charlotte North Carolina.
I learned a little something along the way.

Flying is so much more better.

Well, I finally did make it, safe and sound. Thank goodness.

I'd especially like to thank the sponsors at La Casa de Omer for their meals, mattresses, and spirited conquests in "Shadows over Camelot". Many thanks also go to the establishment at Alverson Manor. The '5 guys and fries' went so well with the Quantum Leap episodes and watching the hordes of bats wake up from under the overpass at dusk. Oh, and there was a birthday involved as well.

Hope to see you all again before summer ends!

Currently I am a technician for AMP alarms (monitored by Vector)
Allow me to present a typical (so far) schedule of the day:
9am - get up
noon - get equipment, have a meeting, get ready to go out on jobs
3pm - still waiting for first job/getting first job/helping someone else
9pm - most likely on 2nd or 3rd job
midnight - in office turning in paperwork...or posting on the blog

*the above schedule may or may not be a little vague and condensed but it's fairly accurate. funny story below:

So every time we put in a new system we test it out by sending signals. Well, it was put on test but I guess it expired and so when I finally sent my signals they weren't verified and emergency response was dispatched to the home! I was on two different phone calls when the fire truck pulled up and the ambulance crew came in. It was CRAZY. Imagine what the homeowner was thinking. Funny story over.

Apologies for the delays in posting - have been juggling work with other work and then more work along with some work.

hugs, kisses, and high fives!
- JL

1 comment:

Jenna Kae said...

did the bats remind you of batman?

hope work is going well. glad you made it there alive.