Thursday, August 14, 2008

WHOA! nellie!!

O.K., so what in the name of all things could prompt 2 posts in 1 day from yours truly?

This: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/ap_on_en_mo/film_harry_potter

I was surprised at the move the studio thought was the right thing to do. Move a HIGHLY anticipated film back 9 months - just so it can make more money in an opening weekend! So what that tells me is that #'s are more important than entertaining a loyal world-wide fan base.

(Shame)

I know, it's just business. But the movie is already done. It will probably leak out somehow before the new release date anyway. That's like a Dr. not giving out the perfect prescription for you until you get worse, so he can be more thanked and appreciated for saving your life instead of just making you feel better. I think a global petition is in order.

I don't buy into the whole "well, pushing it back will make it so the wait for the following films won't be as long"... I'm sorry...but is that black crap on a white page or what?! Maybe the filming should have been going on for the last movie before these "kids" hit retirement age. I sort of remember the last book having a minute (my-noot) portion where the whole gang is a lot older, but both parts of the 7th movie are gonna have stand-ins for the main stars for age purposes. I don't know if even the hollywood make-up greats can pull that off.

Let me bring it up right now. I'm not a die-hard Harry Potter fan, but I know ridiculous-ness when I see it. If you agree then let me hear you say it. Don't let me be the only one flappin my yappers for no reason...

respect to opinions!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally agree. Freaking ridiculous.