Friday, March 26, 2010

Not a 'girlie man'

As I write this on Fri., I have spent this past week 'in training' so to speak to get in better shape.
For what?
Well, tomorrow after work I will head down to the US Airways Center practice facility and play some b-ball. They are holding tryouts to field a practice squad for the Phoenix Mercury. Yes, I will be competing w/ many other dudes across the valley for the chance at one of maybe 15 spots. Those selected are to receive some new shoes and some game tickets. Just for showing up: a t-shirt and a boxed lunch.
Do I think I have what it takes?
Not necessarily.
BUT I have worked out this whole week to try and get back into decent hoops form. My diet has even been adjusted to help me with the conditioning (although I definitely could've done a better job at this :)
Workouts included running laps & sprints, aquarobics/cardio, and hours in the gym doing drills for dribbling and shooting.
Not that I think I am at all 'game ready'. My hope is that I can hang with the other guys and not embarrass myself too much.
Now...who wants to play me some H-O-R-S-E ?

2 comments:

Emily Wilson said...

I want to play horse! Hey good luck...let me know how it goes :D

Dawson and Jenny Alverson said...

wow, thats so cool.